Samajwadi word in name of ambulance service taken from Constitution: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Following objection by EC on use of word `Samajwadi` in the name of an ambulance service being run in Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today defended the name saying that the word was derived from the Constitution.
The EC on Saturday issued a notice to the SP government for using word `Samajwadi` in the name of the service run under National Rural Health Mission.
The scheme is named Samajwadi Ambulance Sewa.
"Though we are running Samajwadi Party government in the state, the word `Samajwadi` in ambulance service is derived from the Constitution. The scheme is samajwadi (socialist)," Yadav, who is also the state president of Samajwadi Party, told reporters here.
Asked about the possibility of his party supporting Congress after Lok Sabha polls, Yadav said nobody knew future.
"A number of parties are looking at SP. Some front of these parties will be ready for Lok Sabha polls. Our emphasis is on winning maximum number of seats," Yadav said.
Asked about former party leader Amar Singh joining RLD, Yadav said "he does not comment on his uncle."
"Its good if he has gone there," he said.
Asked about showing political courtesy by not fielding candidates in Rae Bareli and Amethi against Sonia and Rahul Gandhi, respectively, Yadav said till now party supremo was following it and had not announced any candidates yet.
"We have earlier not fielded candidates in Rae Bareli and Amethi. They have shown courtesy by not fielding candidate in Kannauj (against wife Dimple Yadav). Till now, netaji (Mulayam Singh Yadav) has not given candidates in Rae Bareli and Amethi," Yadav said.
Asked about BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s allegation that UP had witnessed 150 riots, Yadav said everyone knew the "reality" of BJP and that it could do any "propaganda" for winning seats.
On SP changing party candidates declared earlier, Yadav said his party had a lot of candidates unlike others, who were yet to finalise their candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Kerala train derail: Services resume in Ernakulam-Thrissur route
- Meet Lachlan Smart – The Aussie teen who becomes youngest pilot to fly solo around the world!
- Suicide bombing kills 11 at Yemen army camp: Officials
- iBerry launches 'India's first 4GB Ram unibody smartphone' at Rs 15,990
- Kerry arrives in Bangladesh amid wave of attacks on minorities