Samajwadi word in name of ambulance service taken from Constitution: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Following objection by EC on use of word `Samajwadi` in the name of an ambulance service being run in Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today defended the name saying that the word was derived from the Constitution.
The EC on Saturday issued a notice to the SP government for using word `Samajwadi` in the name of the service run under National Rural Health Mission.
The scheme is named Samajwadi Ambulance Sewa.
"Though we are running Samajwadi Party government in the state, the word `Samajwadi` in ambulance service is derived from the Constitution. The scheme is samajwadi (socialist)," Yadav, who is also the state president of Samajwadi Party, told reporters here.
Asked about the possibility of his party supporting Congress after Lok Sabha polls, Yadav said nobody knew future.
"A number of parties are looking at SP. Some front of these parties will be ready for Lok Sabha polls. Our emphasis is on winning maximum number of seats," Yadav said.
Asked about former party leader Amar Singh joining RLD, Yadav said "he does not comment on his uncle."
"Its good if he has gone there," he said.
Asked about showing political courtesy by not fielding candidates in Rae Bareli and Amethi against Sonia and Rahul Gandhi, respectively, Yadav said till now party supremo was following it and had not announced any candidates yet.
"We have earlier not fielded candidates in Rae Bareli and Amethi. They have shown courtesy by not fielding candidate in Kannauj (against wife Dimple Yadav). Till now, netaji (Mulayam Singh Yadav) has not given candidates in Rae Bareli and Amethi," Yadav said.
Asked about BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s allegation that UP had witnessed 150 riots, Yadav said everyone knew the "reality" of BJP and that it could do any "propaganda" for winning seats.
On SP changing party candidates declared earlier, Yadav said his party had a lot of candidates unlike others, who were yet to finalise their candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH