Sand mafias` bail pleas rejected in UP
Muzaffarnagar: Bail pleas of two sand mafias were turned down in a court here on Tuesday.
Additional District Sessions Judge DK Garg rejected their bail pleas today, prosecutor Ritu Chowdhury said.
The two accused, Rashid and Wasid, were arrested on December 23 last year in Kairana town of Shamli district while fleeing with three tractors full of Yamuna sand, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch