Sand mafias` bail pleas rejected in UP
Muzaffarnagar: Bail pleas of two sand mafias were turned down in a court here on Tuesday.
Additional District Sessions Judge DK Garg rejected their bail pleas today, prosecutor Ritu Chowdhury said.
The two accused, Rashid and Wasid, were arrested on December 23 last year in Kairana town of Shamli district while fleeing with three tractors full of Yamuna sand, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US