Sand mafias` bail pleas rejected in UP
Muzaffarnagar: Bail pleas of two sand mafias were turned down in a court here on Tuesday.
Additional District Sessions Judge DK Garg rejected their bail pleas today, prosecutor Ritu Chowdhury said.
The two accused, Rashid and Wasid, were arrested on December 23 last year in Kairana town of Shamli district while fleeing with three tractors full of Yamuna sand, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off