Sanjay Dutt charged for `jaadu ki jhappi to Mayawati` remark
Pratapgarh: A charge sheet was filed here on Friday against Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt for his allegedly disparaging remarks against Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, an official said.
The charge sheet was filed in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate AK Tiwari in Pratapgarh district where Dutt, former Samajwadi Party general secretary, made "unpleasant remarks" against Mayawati, the official said.
"Main Mayawatiji ko jaadu ki jhappi aur pappi dono doonga (I will give both a hug and a kiss to Mayawati)," Dutt reportedly said during the April 16, 2009, election rally at KP College in Pratapgarh.
The speech was videographed by local authorities, on the basis of which a case was registered against Dutt under section 294 (obscene acts and songs) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Pokemon Go daily used twice as much as Facebook
- Virat Kohli: Five incredible records set by India captain during 200-run knock
- In Gujarat, 95 of 100 suspects in crimes against Dalits acquitted
- Four people killed in Darjeeling building collapse
- Congress sounds UP poll bugle; Sonia, Rahul flag off three-day bus Yatra '27 Saal UP Behaal'