Sanjay Dutt charged for `jaadu ki jhappi to Mayawati` remark
Pratapgarh: A charge sheet was filed here on Friday against Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt for his allegedly disparaging remarks against Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, an official said.
The charge sheet was filed in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate AK Tiwari in Pratapgarh district where Dutt, former Samajwadi Party general secretary, made "unpleasant remarks" against Mayawati, the official said.
"Main Mayawatiji ko jaadu ki jhappi aur pappi dono doonga (I will give both a hug and a kiss to Mayawati)," Dutt reportedly said during the April 16, 2009, election rally at KP College in Pratapgarh.
The speech was videographed by local authorities, on the basis of which a case was registered against Dutt under section 294 (obscene acts and songs) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet