Sanjay Dutt charged for `jaadu ki jhappi to Mayawati` remark
Pratapgarh: A charge sheet was filed here on Friday against Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt for his allegedly disparaging remarks against Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, an official said.
The charge sheet was filed in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate AK Tiwari in Pratapgarh district where Dutt, former Samajwadi Party general secretary, made "unpleasant remarks" against Mayawati, the official said.
"Main Mayawatiji ko jaadu ki jhappi aur pappi dono doonga (I will give both a hug and a kiss to Mayawati)," Dutt reportedly said during the April 16, 2009, election rally at KP College in Pratapgarh.
The speech was videographed by local authorities, on the basis of which a case was registered against Dutt under section 294 (obscene acts and songs) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE