Sanjay Dutt charged for `jaadu ki jhappi to Mayawati` remark
Pratapgarh: A charge sheet was filed here on Friday against Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt for his allegedly disparaging remarks against Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, an official said.
The charge sheet was filed in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate AK Tiwari in Pratapgarh district where Dutt, former Samajwadi Party general secretary, made "unpleasant remarks" against Mayawati, the official said.
"Main Mayawatiji ko jaadu ki jhappi aur pappi dono doonga (I will give both a hug and a kiss to Mayawati)," Dutt reportedly said during the April 16, 2009, election rally at KP College in Pratapgarh.
The speech was videographed by local authorities, on the basis of which a case was registered against Dutt under section 294 (obscene acts and songs) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?