Satish Misra and six others file nomination papers for RS
Lucknow: Senior BSP leader Satish Misra
and six others Friday filed their nomination papers from Uttar
Pradesh for the biennial elections to the Rajya Sabha
scheduled for June 17.
Accompanied by senior BSP leaders, Satish Misra and
others filed their nomination papers before the returning
officer and principal secretary Vidhan Sabha Pradeep Dubey.
Besides Misra, others who filed their papers are
Ambed Rajan, S P Singh Baghel, Jugal Kishore, Narendra
Kashyap, Mohd Salim Ansari and Rajpal Saini.
Senior ministers Naseemuddin Siddiqui, Swami Prasad
Maurya and Babu Singh Kushwaha were present on the occasion.
Prominent leaders, whose term expires on July 4
include Jaya Bachchan, Arun Shourie, Bhagwati Singh and Satish
BSP, which earlier had only two members, in the Upper
House, has decided to field candidates on seven of 11 seats
SP has fielded two candidates, BJP one and Congress
one besides, seven of the BSP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says