SC agrees to hear PIL to monitor ASI`s excavation for Unnao gold
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Friday agreed to hear a PIL seeking court monitoring of the digging being undertaken by the rchaeological Survey of India for gold in Daundia Khera village in UP`s Unnao district.
A bench headed by Chief Justice P Sathasivam, however, refused to give an urgent hearing and asked the petitioner, who mentioned the case before it, to remove the defects in the petition which would be taken up for hearing next week.
The petition was filed by advocate M L Sharma who submitted that court monitoring is required in the case as the valuable resources might "vanish" and pleaded for an urgent hearing.
The bench, however, said that the state government is there to take care of the process and agreed to hear the PIL only after the defects are removed in the petition.
The much hyped gold excavation is being carried out by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) after a seer, Shobhan Sarkar, dreamt that 1,000 tonnes of gold was buried near the fort of Raja Rao Ram Bux Singh in Daundia Khera village.
Sarkar has claimed that treasures are also hidden at many places in UP.
Raja Rao Ram Bux Singh was a martyr of the 1857 revolt.
Sarkar`s dream was not taken seriously by the local administration and the state government. However, a Union Minister visited the area and met Sarkar. The minister then directed the ASI to work on it, which began today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi