SC dismisses PIL for construction of mosque wall in Noida
New Delhi: Supreme Court on Monday dismissed a petition seeking its direction for construction of wall of a mosque which was demolished in a Greater Noida village allegedly on the direction of then SDM Durga Shakti Nagpal.
A bench headed by Justice HL Dattu slammed the petitioner NGO Sanskar Trust for filing a PIL for construction of wall and refused to entertain the plea.
The bench said that heavy cost be imposed on the petitioner for misusing the concept of PIL but refrained from imposing any fine after the NGO contended that it had filed the PIL for the first time in the court.
The petitioner contended that the state government has not taken any step for construction of wall that was demolished and pleaded that the state authority be directed to construct it.
"The disciplinary action against the civil servant cannot fulfil vacuum created after the demolition of wall but it needs wall`s reconstruction. The respondents are not working for its reconstruction," the petition said.
"It seems that by punishing Durga Sakthi Nagpal, the state government and Central government want to escape from their prime responsibility to restore/reconstruct the wall which was unlawfully demolished and to pave the way for communal harmony," it said.
The petition alleged that one wall of the mosque was demolished in Kadalpur village of Gautam Budh Nagar district by an administrative officer (SDM).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!