SC dismisses PIL for construction of mosque wall in Noida
New Delhi: Supreme Court on Monday dismissed a petition seeking its direction for construction of wall of a mosque which was demolished in a Greater Noida village allegedly on the direction of then SDM Durga Shakti Nagpal.
A bench headed by Justice HL Dattu slammed the petitioner NGO Sanskar Trust for filing a PIL for construction of wall and refused to entertain the plea.
The bench said that heavy cost be imposed on the petitioner for misusing the concept of PIL but refrained from imposing any fine after the NGO contended that it had filed the PIL for the first time in the court.
The petitioner contended that the state government has not taken any step for construction of wall that was demolished and pleaded that the state authority be directed to construct it.
"The disciplinary action against the civil servant cannot fulfil vacuum created after the demolition of wall but it needs wall`s reconstruction. The respondents are not working for its reconstruction," the petition said.
"It seems that by punishing Durga Sakthi Nagpal, the state government and Central government want to escape from their prime responsibility to restore/reconstruct the wall which was unlawfully demolished and to pave the way for communal harmony," it said.
The petition alleged that one wall of the mosque was demolished in Kadalpur village of Gautam Budh Nagar district by an administrative officer (SDM).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal