SC dismisses PIL for construction of mosque wall in Noida
New Delhi: Supreme Court on Monday dismissed a petition seeking its direction for construction of wall of a mosque which was demolished in a Greater Noida village allegedly on the direction of then SDM Durga Shakti Nagpal.
A bench headed by Justice HL Dattu slammed the petitioner NGO Sanskar Trust for filing a PIL for construction of wall and refused to entertain the plea.
The bench said that heavy cost be imposed on the petitioner for misusing the concept of PIL but refrained from imposing any fine after the NGO contended that it had filed the PIL for the first time in the court.
The petitioner contended that the state government has not taken any step for construction of wall that was demolished and pleaded that the state authority be directed to construct it.
"The disciplinary action against the civil servant cannot fulfil vacuum created after the demolition of wall but it needs wall`s reconstruction. The respondents are not working for its reconstruction," the petition said.
"It seems that by punishing Durga Sakthi Nagpal, the state government and Central government want to escape from their prime responsibility to restore/reconstruct the wall which was unlawfully demolished and to pave the way for communal harmony," it said.
The petition alleged that one wall of the mosque was demolished in Kadalpur village of Gautam Budh Nagar district by an administrative officer (SDM).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack