SC refuses to grant bail to ex-UP minister Babu Singh Kushwaha
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday refused to grant bail to former UP cabinet minister Babu Singh Kushwaha in the multi-crore National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam.
A bench of Justices Ranjana Prakash Desai and NV Ramana refused to entertain his plea, saying the allegations against him are very grave and he cannot be granted bail at this stage.
"You wait for a while. You can always renew your plea for bail," the bench told senior advocate Sushil Kumar who appeared for the politician.
He moved the apex court challenging the Allahabad High Court order rejecting his bail plea in the scam which had taken place during the previous Bahujan Samaj Party government headed by Mayawati.
The case is being investigated by the CBI which had submitted charge sheet against the accused persons and at present its trial is going on in a CBI court at Ghaziabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof