SC tranfers trial in Krishnananda Rai murder case to Delhi
New Delhi: The Supreme Court has transfered trial in BJP leader Krishnananda Rai murder case, in which Mukhtar Ansari and his brother Afzal are main accused, from Ghazipur in Uttar Pradesh to Delhi.
A bench of justices H L Gokhale and Ranjan Gogoi shifted the trial on the plea of the deceased leader`s wife who had submitted that she has apprehensions with respect to her security while leading evidence.
"Considering the fact that the incident had happened way back in the year 2005 and the trial is still pending and also considering the apprehension of the petitioner, we allow this petition. Accordingly, the trial of the case is transferred from the Session Court, Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh, to the appropriate Session Court(CBI) in Delhi," the benhc said.
"The charge sheets and papers connected therewith arising out of the same FIR pending before Special Judicial Magistrate, Lucknow, shall also be transferred to the appropriate Session Court(CBI) in Delhi. We hereby direct the Session Court (CBI) in Delhi to take up the matter, preferably from the first week of August, 2013.
Rai was gunned down on November 29, 2005 in Ghazipur. Former Samajwadi Party MP Afzal Ansari and his brother Mukhtar Ansari were arrested for their alleged involvement in the incident.
Earlier, the Allahabad High Court had directed a CBI inquiry in Rai`s murder.
Challenging the HC`s order, the state government had moved the Supreme Court which refused to allow its plea saying the case deserves to be investigated by the country`s premier investigating agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo