School principal sets herself afire in UP
Jaunpur: A school principal here set herself afire outside the home of the school manager who she claimed had been sexually harassing her, police said Thursday. The woman`s condition was described as "extremly serious".
The incident took place in Shahganj locality of Jaunpur, about 250 km from the state capital Lucknow.
In a suicide note, she blamed the manager for prompting her to take the extreme step.
"The note said the school manager was sexually harassing her for a long time on false assurances to marry her," Senior Superintendent of Police SK Bhagat told reporters here.
"Preliminary investigations reveal the principal had learnt that the manager was only interested in an illicit relationship and not in marrying her," he said.
Efforts are on to arrest the manager.
"She is being treated for multiple burn injuries. Her condition is extremely serious," an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'