School principal sets herself afire in UP
Jaunpur: A school principal here set herself afire outside the home of the school manager who she claimed had been sexually harassing her, police said Thursday. The woman`s condition was described as "extremly serious".
The incident took place in Shahganj locality of Jaunpur, about 250 km from the state capital Lucknow.
In a suicide note, she blamed the manager for prompting her to take the extreme step.
"The note said the school manager was sexually harassing her for a long time on false assurances to marry her," Senior Superintendent of Police SK Bhagat told reporters here.
"Preliminary investigations reveal the principal had learnt that the manager was only interested in an illicit relationship and not in marrying her," he said.
Efforts are on to arrest the manager.
"She is being treated for multiple burn injuries. Her condition is extremely serious," an official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents