Scrap trader reported missing in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A scrap trader, who had collected Rs 10,00,000 from another businessman, was reported missing from Ghaziabad and his car was found abandoned, police said on Monday.
Scrap dealer Islam Malik, whose family claimed to be related to an Uttar Pradesh minister, went missing Sunday afternoon soon after collecting Rs 10,00,000 from a Loni-based dealer, police said.
He called his father to inform that he would be going to collect Rs 400,000 from another dealer and would reach home in the evening, police said.
An hour later he called his father again and asked him to reach Loni but the call was disconnected midway, police said.
On reaching the designated spot in Loni, his father could not find him. Islam`s car was found parked abandoned, so his father filed a police complaint.
"We have registered a complaint and are trying to trace him," said Gorakh Nath Yadav, inspector of Loni police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!
- 1971 Indo-Pak war: 'Dusting was Indira Gandhi's stress-buster'
- House of Representative Speaker Paul Ryan invites PM Modi to address joint meeting of US Congress