Scrap trader reported missing in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A scrap trader, who had collected Rs 10,00,000 from another businessman, was reported missing from Ghaziabad and his car was found abandoned, police said on Monday.
Scrap dealer Islam Malik, whose family claimed to be related to an Uttar Pradesh minister, went missing Sunday afternoon soon after collecting Rs 10,00,000 from a Loni-based dealer, police said.
He called his father to inform that he would be going to collect Rs 400,000 from another dealer and would reach home in the evening, police said.
An hour later he called his father again and asked him to reach Loni but the call was disconnected midway, police said.
On reaching the designated spot in Loni, his father could not find him. Islam`s car was found parked abandoned, so his father filed a police complaint.
"We have registered a complaint and are trying to trace him," said Gorakh Nath Yadav, inspector of Loni police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- What's cooking? Farah Khan's 'do anmol ratan' Ranveer Singh, Anil Kapoor spill madness at shoot
- EXCLUSIVE: This is what Kashmiri children think about India – Must watch video
- US-backed forces give IS '48 hours' to leave Syria's Manbij
- RBI to cut rates by 0.25% on Aug 9 if rains damp pulse price
- Kotak Mahindra Bank to raise Rs 5,000 cr via bonds