Scrap trader reported missing in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A scrap trader, who had collected Rs 10,00,000 from another businessman, was reported missing from Ghaziabad and his car was found abandoned, police said on Monday.
Scrap dealer Islam Malik, whose family claimed to be related to an Uttar Pradesh minister, went missing Sunday afternoon soon after collecting Rs 10,00,000 from a Loni-based dealer, police said.
He called his father to inform that he would be going to collect Rs 400,000 from another dealer and would reach home in the evening, police said.
An hour later he called his father again and asked him to reach Loni but the call was disconnected midway, police said.
On reaching the designated spot in Loni, his father could not find him. Islam`s car was found parked abandoned, so his father filed a police complaint.
"We have registered a complaint and are trying to trace him," said Gorakh Nath Yadav, inspector of Loni police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'