Scribe injured in blast at UP Minister`s house dies
New Delhi: An Indian Express journalist,
who was injured in an explosion outside the house of Uttar
Pradesh minister Nand Gopal Gupta "Nandi" in Allahabad, died
in a hospital here this evening.
Vijay Pratap Singh, the 36-year-old senior correspondent
of the newspaper, died at the Army Research and Referal
Hospital in south-west Delhi`s Dhaula Kuan locality at around
Singh was flown to the national capital for treatment on
Tuesday last after the explosives kept in a moped parked
outside Gupta`s house went off killing one man and leaving
seven persons, including the minister and the journalist,
injured on July 12.
UP Police had arrested two associates of a jailed local
Samajwadi Party leader for their alleged involvement in
the bomb attack on Nandi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened