SDM attacked by suspected sand mafia members
Bulandshahr: Suspected members of a sand
mining mafia on Monday fired at a Sub-Divisional Magistrate when
he tried to stop them from indulging in illegal activity
in Bulandshahr district of Uttar Pradesh.
SDM Sunil Kumar escaped unhurt in the attack which
took place this morning when he was in Tankaur, 50 kms from
here, to check illegal mining of sand in Yamuna river,
District Magistrate Shashi Bhushan Lal Susheel said.
Acting on a tip-off about illegal sand mining, the SDM
said he intercepted a sand-laden tractor trolley but its
occupants rammed the vehicle into his jeep. When he tried to
chase the tractor, they fired at him.
Kumar was accompanied by his two gunners, a peon and a
Later, the assailants escaped leaving behind the
tractor-trolley, which was seized.
No one was hurt in the incident but the SDM`s car was
SSP Nilesh Kumar said that effort were on to arrest
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured