SDM attacked by suspected sand mafia members
Bulandshahr: Suspected members of a sand
mining mafia on Monday fired at a Sub-Divisional Magistrate when
he tried to stop them from indulging in illegal activity
in Bulandshahr district of Uttar Pradesh.
SDM Sunil Kumar escaped unhurt in the attack which
took place this morning when he was in Tankaur, 50 kms from
here, to check illegal mining of sand in Yamuna river,
District Magistrate Shashi Bhushan Lal Susheel said.
Acting on a tip-off about illegal sand mining, the SDM
said he intercepted a sand-laden tractor trolley but its
occupants rammed the vehicle into his jeep. When he tried to
chase the tractor, they fired at him.
Kumar was accompanied by his two gunners, a peon and a
Later, the assailants escaped leaving behind the
tractor-trolley, which was seized.
No one was hurt in the incident but the SDM`s car was
SSP Nilesh Kumar said that effort were on to arrest
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?