SDM attacked by suspected sand mafia members
Bulandshahr: Suspected members of a sand
mining mafia on Monday fired at a Sub-Divisional Magistrate when
he tried to stop them from indulging in illegal activity
in Bulandshahr district of Uttar Pradesh.
SDM Sunil Kumar escaped unhurt in the attack which
took place this morning when he was in Tankaur, 50 kms from
here, to check illegal mining of sand in Yamuna river,
District Magistrate Shashi Bhushan Lal Susheel said.
Acting on a tip-off about illegal sand mining, the SDM
said he intercepted a sand-laden tractor trolley but its
occupants rammed the vehicle into his jeep. When he tried to
chase the tractor, they fired at him.
Kumar was accompanied by his two gunners, a peon and a
Later, the assailants escaped leaving behind the
tractor-trolley, which was seized.
No one was hurt in the incident but the SDM`s car was
SSP Nilesh Kumar said that effort were on to arrest
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: India Red crush India Green by 219 runs
- UEFA Europa League Draw: Groups, Fixtures, Top clashes – All you need to know!
- Beware! If you are woman and using elevator alone - WATCH Video
- Power Series Conclave on 'Make in India' organised by The Dollar Business on Aug 24
- Warning message on banned sites: ISPs run into technical issue