SDM attacked by suspected sand mafia members
Bulandshahr: Suspected members of a sand
mining mafia on Monday fired at a Sub-Divisional Magistrate when
he tried to stop them from indulging in illegal activity
in Bulandshahr district of Uttar Pradesh.
SDM Sunil Kumar escaped unhurt in the attack which
took place this morning when he was in Tankaur, 50 kms from
here, to check illegal mining of sand in Yamuna river,
District Magistrate Shashi Bhushan Lal Susheel said.
Acting on a tip-off about illegal sand mining, the SDM
said he intercepted a sand-laden tractor trolley but its
occupants rammed the vehicle into his jeep. When he tried to
chase the tractor, they fired at him.
Kumar was accompanied by his two gunners, a peon and a
Later, the assailants escaped leaving behind the
tractor-trolley, which was seized.
No one was hurt in the incident but the SDM`s car was
SSP Nilesh Kumar said that effort were on to arrest
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi