SDM`s son shot dead over land dispute
Hardoi: Son of sub-divisional magistrate was on Monday shot dead by some unidentified persons over some land dispute, police sources said here.
Mayank Shukla (26) and his friend Satyendra Trivedi were shot at in Nanakganj area here, they said.
Both of them were rushed to the hospital, where Mayank was declared brought dead.
Mayank`s father Ramesh Chandra Shukla is SDM in Rampur.
Probe into the case is in progress and two persons have been detained in this connection, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Thisara Perera penalised, Mitchell Starc reprimanded for ICC code of conduct breaches
- UEFA Champions League 2016-17 draw; Player of the Year award ceremony — As it happened...
- Kannada actress Ramya attacked with eggs in Mangaluru over 'pro-Pak remarks'
- AFC Ajax keeper Jasper Cillessen joins Barcelona
- Nashik farmer gets 5 paise per kg for onions!