Second leg of Uma Bharti`s Ganga Yatra to start in Dec
Lucknow: BJP leader Uma Bharti Monday said the second leg of her `Ganga Yatra`, being organised to make the Ganga pollution free, will start from December 2.
"The second leg of Ganga Yatra for making the river pollution free and ensuring free flow in it would start from December 2," Bharti told reporters here.
Bharti, who has already taken out the first part of her Yatra from September 21 to October 28 from Ganga Sagar to Gangotri, said that during the second leg scientists would be invited for discussions and she would meet saints during the Maha Kumbh who are already making contributions in the matter.
The Yatra is passing through along the districts of Ganga river.
To a question, Bharti said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, BJP leader L K Advani and Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar were all in favour resolving the matter and have exuded confidence that some solution would be found with a detailed discussion in the Parliament.
The BJP leader, however, evaded a reply on corruption charges being faced by party president Nitin Gadkari, saying that she would not comment on any such political issue till December 2 and would also go for poll campaign in Gujarat after that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands