Second leg of Uma Bharti`s Ganga Yatra to start in Dec
Lucknow: BJP leader Uma Bharti Monday said the second leg of her `Ganga Yatra`, being organised to make the Ganga pollution free, will start from December 2.
"The second leg of Ganga Yatra for making the river pollution free and ensuring free flow in it would start from December 2," Bharti told reporters here.
Bharti, who has already taken out the first part of her Yatra from September 21 to October 28 from Ganga Sagar to Gangotri, said that during the second leg scientists would be invited for discussions and she would meet saints during the Maha Kumbh who are already making contributions in the matter.
The Yatra is passing through along the districts of Ganga river.
To a question, Bharti said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, BJP leader L K Advani and Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar were all in favour resolving the matter and have exuded confidence that some solution would be found with a detailed discussion in the Parliament.
The BJP leader, however, evaded a reply on corruption charges being faced by party president Nitin Gadkari, saying that she would not comment on any such political issue till December 2 and would also go for poll campaign in Gujarat after that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America