Second train derails at same spot in 24 hrs
Allahabad: Eight bogies of a goods train on Saturday jumped tracks at a station here, less than 24 hours
after a similar incident of derailment had taken place at the
same spot on the Allahabad-Varanasi route.
The incident took place in the early hours at Allahabad
City railway station, commonly known as Rambagh police
station, falling under the North Eastern Railway (NER) zone.
Eight bogies of the Bihar-bound train laden with cement
derailed when they were being brought to the platform from the
yard, causing disruption of traffic on the route. The railway
track has also been damaged.
However, no injuries were reported.
Three bogies of a cement-laden goods train had derailed
yesterday at exactly the same spot and traffic was restored a
few hours later when railway officials had claimed that the
tracks had been repaired.
"We have taken a very grim note of the incident which has
taken place less than 24 hours after a similar incident took
place at almost the same spot. We will conduct a thorough
inquiry and tough action will be taken against the erring
officials," NER General Manager K B L Mittal told reporters at
the spot of today`s accident.
"Nearly half-a-kilometer-long stretch of railway track
has been damaged on account of the derailment. This has
affected rail traffic on Allahabad-Varanasi route. Eight
trains are being run through diverted the route," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- `I`m not 100 percent`, admits US Open champion Novak Djokovic
- Kanhaiya, two others granted regular bail in sedition case
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case