Second train derails at same spot in 24 hrs
Allahabad: Eight bogies of a goods train on Saturday jumped tracks at a station here, less than 24 hours
after a similar incident of derailment had taken place at the
same spot on the Allahabad-Varanasi route.
The incident took place in the early hours at Allahabad
City railway station, commonly known as Rambagh police
station, falling under the North Eastern Railway (NER) zone.
Eight bogies of the Bihar-bound train laden with cement
derailed when they were being brought to the platform from the
yard, causing disruption of traffic on the route. The railway
track has also been damaged.
However, no injuries were reported.
Three bogies of a cement-laden goods train had derailed
yesterday at exactly the same spot and traffic was restored a
few hours later when railway officials had claimed that the
tracks had been repaired.
"We have taken a very grim note of the incident which has
taken place less than 24 hours after a similar incident took
place at almost the same spot. We will conduct a thorough
inquiry and tough action will be taken against the erring
officials," NER General Manager K B L Mittal told reporters at
the spot of today`s accident.
"Nearly half-a-kilometer-long stretch of railway track
has been damaged on account of the derailment. This has
affected rail traffic on Allahabad-Varanasi route. Eight
trains are being run through diverted the route," he said.
- Jiah Khan case: HC refuses to extend stay on trial against Sooraj Pancholi
- Gautam Gambhir endorses Zaheer Khan for Team India coaching role - Here's what he said!
- Know why Jayalalithaa’s canteens serving sambar rice, idlis can impact TN polls!
- Aadhaar appeal grows, downloads go past 40-crore mark
- Hilarious VIDEO: When Delhi Daredevils' Quinton de Kock, Sam Billings took Hindi lessons