Second train derails at same spot in 24 hrs
Allahabad: Eight bogies of a goods train on Saturday jumped tracks at a station here, less than 24 hours
after a similar incident of derailment had taken place at the
same spot on the Allahabad-Varanasi route.
The incident took place in the early hours at Allahabad
City railway station, commonly known as Rambagh police
station, falling under the North Eastern Railway (NER) zone.
Eight bogies of the Bihar-bound train laden with cement
derailed when they were being brought to the platform from the
yard, causing disruption of traffic on the route. The railway
track has also been damaged.
However, no injuries were reported.
Three bogies of a cement-laden goods train had derailed
yesterday at exactly the same spot and traffic was restored a
few hours later when railway officials had claimed that the
tracks had been repaired.
"We have taken a very grim note of the incident which has
taken place less than 24 hours after a similar incident took
place at almost the same spot. We will conduct a thorough
inquiry and tough action will be taken against the erring
officials," NER General Manager K B L Mittal told reporters at
the spot of today`s accident.
"Nearly half-a-kilometer-long stretch of railway track
has been damaged on account of the derailment. This has
affected rail traffic on Allahabad-Varanasi route. Eight
trains are being run through diverted the route," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum