Security at UP Lokayukta office tightened
Lucknow: Security at the office of Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta was on Monday tightened when a person claiming to be the counsel of a minister in previous BSP government threatened the staff.
A person Manoj Kumar Dwiwedi, claiming to be the counsel of former energy minister Ramveer Upadhayaya, met public relation officer AK Singhal at Lokayukta office and demanded a copy of the report against the minister which was sent to the government recently, official sources said.
When Singhal expressed his inability to do the same, Dwivedi insisted on meeting Lokayukta Justice NK Mehrotra, sources said.
On being asked to come later as the Lokayukta was busy, Dwiwedi threatened of getting the office stoned by the supporters, they said.
Later he was taken out of the office by the security staff.
When contacted Singhal said that he informed DIG, Lucknow and SP security about the incident after which security has been strengthened.
Lokayukta NK Mehrotra had on Friday last recommended a probe by the CBI or enforcement directorate against former energy minister and BSP leader Upadhaya.
The recommendation was made in connection with the disproportionate assets case against Upadhaya and his family members.
The lokayukta in his report sent to the CM had said that since it is a criminal matter, the probe should be conducted either by the CBI, ED, anti-corruption or the vigilance department.
The lokayukta had asked the government to finalise the investigating agency so that the original evidence could be handed over to it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof