Security at UP Lokayukta office tightened
Lucknow: Security at the office of Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta was on Monday tightened when a person claiming to be the counsel of a minister in previous BSP government threatened the staff.
A person Manoj Kumar Dwiwedi, claiming to be the counsel of former energy minister Ramveer Upadhayaya, met public relation officer AK Singhal at Lokayukta office and demanded a copy of the report against the minister which was sent to the government recently, official sources said.
When Singhal expressed his inability to do the same, Dwivedi insisted on meeting Lokayukta Justice NK Mehrotra, sources said.
On being asked to come later as the Lokayukta was busy, Dwiwedi threatened of getting the office stoned by the supporters, they said.
Later he was taken out of the office by the security staff.
When contacted Singhal said that he informed DIG, Lucknow and SP security about the incident after which security has been strengthened.
Lokayukta NK Mehrotra had on Friday last recommended a probe by the CBI or enforcement directorate against former energy minister and BSP leader Upadhaya.
The recommendation was made in connection with the disproportionate assets case against Upadhaya and his family members.
The lokayukta in his report sent to the CM had said that since it is a criminal matter, the probe should be conducted either by the CBI, ED, anti-corruption or the vigilance department.
The lokayukta had asked the government to finalise the investigating agency so that the original evidence could be handed over to it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement