Security at UP Lokayukta office tightened
Lucknow: Security at the office of Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta was on Monday tightened when a person claiming to be the counsel of a minister in previous BSP government threatened the staff.
A person Manoj Kumar Dwiwedi, claiming to be the counsel of former energy minister Ramveer Upadhayaya, met public relation officer AK Singhal at Lokayukta office and demanded a copy of the report against the minister which was sent to the government recently, official sources said.
When Singhal expressed his inability to do the same, Dwivedi insisted on meeting Lokayukta Justice NK Mehrotra, sources said.
On being asked to come later as the Lokayukta was busy, Dwiwedi threatened of getting the office stoned by the supporters, they said.
Later he was taken out of the office by the security staff.
When contacted Singhal said that he informed DIG, Lucknow and SP security about the incident after which security has been strengthened.
Lokayukta NK Mehrotra had on Friday last recommended a probe by the CBI or enforcement directorate against former energy minister and BSP leader Upadhaya.
The recommendation was made in connection with the disproportionate assets case against Upadhaya and his family members.
The lokayukta in his report sent to the CM had said that since it is a criminal matter, the probe should be conducted either by the CBI, ED, anti-corruption or the vigilance department.
The lokayukta had asked the government to finalise the investigating agency so that the original evidence could be handed over to it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark