Security beefed up, 150 arrested in Meerut
Meerut: Cracking down on suspected mischief mongers ahead of the court verdict on Ayodhya title suit, 150 people have been arrested and 300 others forced to leave the
district, police said on Monday.
In order to thwart any attempt to disturb peace, the police and Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) are regularly patrolling and monitoring sensitive areas in the district.
Meanwhile, state intelligence has informed police that there might be possible agitation in view of the verdict on September 24.
Expecting to make more arrests, the administration is planning to set up 15 temporary jails across the state as most of the UP prisons are over crowded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon