Security beefed up, 150 arrested in Meerut
Meerut: Cracking down on suspected mischief mongers ahead of the court verdict on Ayodhya title suit, 150 people have been arrested and 300 others forced to leave the
district, police said on Monday.
In order to thwart any attempt to disturb peace, the police and Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) are regularly patrolling and monitoring sensitive areas in the district.
Meanwhile, state intelligence has informed police that there might be possible agitation in view of the verdict on September 24.
Expecting to make more arrests, the administration is planning to set up 15 temporary jails across the state as most of the UP prisons are over crowded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt