Security beefed up, 150 arrested in Meerut
Meerut: Cracking down on suspected mischief mongers ahead of the court verdict on Ayodhya title suit, 150 people have been arrested and 300 others forced to leave the
district, police said on Monday.
In order to thwart any attempt to disturb peace, the police and Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) are regularly patrolling and monitoring sensitive areas in the district.
Meanwhile, state intelligence has informed police that there might be possible agitation in view of the verdict on September 24.
Expecting to make more arrests, the administration is planning to set up 15 temporary jails across the state as most of the UP prisons are over crowded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen