Security beefed up, 150 arrested in Meerut
Meerut: Cracking down on suspected mischief mongers ahead of the court verdict on Ayodhya title suit, 150 people have been arrested and 300 others forced to leave the
district, police said on Monday.
In order to thwart any attempt to disturb peace, the police and Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) are regularly patrolling and monitoring sensitive areas in the district.
Meanwhile, state intelligence has informed police that there might be possible agitation in view of the verdict on September 24.
Expecting to make more arrests, the administration is planning to set up 15 temporary jails across the state as most of the UP prisons are over crowded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur