Security beefed up in AMU on eve of Sir Syed Day
Aligarh: Security has been tightened at the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) campus here as a precautionary measure on the eve of the annual Sir Syed Day celebrations on October 17.
Former Union Minister and Member of Rajya Sabha Mohsina Kidwai will be the chief guest at the celebrations marking the 195th Birth Anniversary of Sir Syed Ahmad Khan, the founder of the University.
Preventive steps are being taken in view of some untoward incidents which were reported in the campus on this day last year, an AMU spokesman said.
University administration has taken a serious view of these and "would not tolerate any act of indiscipline of that sort this year," he said, adding that teams of proctorial board are being set up and deployed at different points in the campus for the purpose.
In addition, adequate police force would be posted at different strategic points in the campus.
Traffic restrictions are also being imposed for outsiders who will be visiting the campus as guests for celebrations in different residential halls of the University.
A special feature of tomorrow`s celebrations is the discussion of Sir Syed`s teachings and the holding of customary dinner parties in different residential halls in which nearly twenty thousand persons including students, teachers and guests from across the country are expected to participate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MHADA lottery 2016: Now, book your dream home in Mumbai, MHADA online form available here
- 10-wicket haul vs Pakistan or bowling with a broken jaw: Which is your favourite Anil Kumble moment?
- UP Basic Training Certificates: Registration opens for 2-year BTC diploma course for filling assistant teachers' jobs
- Vashu Bhagnani wants Amitabh Bachchan, Govinda to appear in 'Bade Miyan Chote Miyan' remake
- Shah Rukh Khan-Kajol's epic romance continues to rule the Internet! – Here's how