Security beefed up in Faizabad district court after attack
Faizabad: A day after firing and bomb attack on the district court premises here, local administration on Thursday beefed up the security in the area.
Security has been tightened in the court and adjoining premises of the District Magistrate office, including the office of Faizabad Divisional Commissioner.
"16 CCTV cameras have been installed at all vital positions of the district court and collectorate," Faizabad SP (City) R A Gautam told PTI.
Only two gates have been allowed for the entry of vehicles of administrative and judicial officers, he said.
"Now only those vehicles bearing security pass on their wind screens will be allowed to enter. After 10.15 am, no vehicle will be allowed to enter or move out normally," he said.
All those, including advocates and clients will be thoroughly checked while entering the court premises, he said, adding that they all must have a photo identity card.
Armed police force, including women constables, have been deployed at every entry points.
To take account of the situation, Administrative Judge of the high court Justice SS Chauhan visited Faizabad today.
Meanwhile, Gyanendra Sharma, allegedly involved in the attack and arrested soon after it, was today presented before the court of Judicial Magistrate which sent him to 14-day judicial custody.
"We will apply before the court to take Sharma in police custody for detail investigation," Faizabad CO city Mahendra Pratap Chauhan said.
In the daring attack yesterday, two persons allegedly threw crude bombs and opened fire at local politician Yashbhadra Singh alias Monu in the court premises.
Six persons, including Yashbhadra and his lawyer, were injured in the attack.
Block chief of Dhanpatganj Yashbhadra Singh came to appear in court in connection with the a murder case when he was attacked with bombs by Sharma and Sahil, allegedly to avenge killing of one Sant Gyaneshwar, police had said yesterday.
As Singh came under attack, his gunners are said to have returned fire, shooting dead one of the attackers, Sahil.
Second attacker Sharma was arrested and three live bombs were recovered from his possession, they had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy