Security beefed up in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Security has been beefed up
across Uttar Pradesh, including in the state capital, with
heavy deployment of the police, in view of Republic Day
"Director General of Police has sent a circular to all
district police chiefs, zonal IGs and DIGs directing them to
maintain special vigil on the occasion of the Republic Day
tomorrow," Additional Director General of Police (law and
order) Brij Lal told reporters here.
He said that in Lucknow, where the annual parade is
organised to mark Republic Day celebrations, eight companies
of PAC along with six quick response teams and district police
will be deployed.
"Directives have been issued to make effective
security arrangements in districts adjacent to Delhi and
Lucknow," he said.
"It had been directed that anti-sabotage checking
should be done at all places where functions are held and
armed jawans should be deployed 48 hours before the event,"
the ADG said.
"The DGP has asked officials to sensitise people
towards terror threat," he said.
Brij Lal said directives have been issued for
extensive checking of hotels, lodges, bus stands, railway
stations, cinema halls and to track missing Pakistani and
"Directives have also been issued to lay special
emphasis on security of airports and proper arrangements
should be made at flying clubs and airstrips which can be used
to fly microlight planes, handgliders and helicopters," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach