Security beefed up in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Security has been beefed up
across Uttar Pradesh, including in the state capital, with
heavy deployment of the police, in view of Republic Day
"Director General of Police has sent a circular to all
district police chiefs, zonal IGs and DIGs directing them to
maintain special vigil on the occasion of the Republic Day
tomorrow," Additional Director General of Police (law and
order) Brij Lal told reporters here.
He said that in Lucknow, where the annual parade is
organised to mark Republic Day celebrations, eight companies
of PAC along with six quick response teams and district police
will be deployed.
"Directives have been issued to make effective
security arrangements in districts adjacent to Delhi and
Lucknow," he said.
"It had been directed that anti-sabotage checking
should be done at all places where functions are held and
armed jawans should be deployed 48 hours before the event,"
the ADG said.
"The DGP has asked officials to sensitise people
towards terror threat," he said.
Brij Lal said directives have been issued for
extensive checking of hotels, lodges, bus stands, railway
stations, cinema halls and to track missing Pakistani and
"Directives have also been issued to lay special
emphasis on security of airports and proper arrangements
should be made at flying clubs and airstrips which can be used
to fly microlight planes, handgliders and helicopters," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report