Security beffed up ahead of Babri demolition anniv
Faizabad: Security has been tightened in the twin towns of Ayodhya and Faizabad ahead of the 20th anniversary of Babri Masjid demolition, with nearly 10,000 police personnel pressed into service to manage law and order.
State police, Rapid Action Force (RAF) and Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) personnel have been deployed at all key locations, besides a company of PAC for round-the-clock guarding of Saryu waters to prevent entry of any anti-social element through the river route.
"We are in regular touch with the responsible and peace loving persons of both the communities for maintenance of peace in the twin towns," SSP Dharmendra Singh said, giving details of security arrangements.
The local administration has encircled Ayodhya and Faizabad in a 3-tier security cordon that includes 4 zones, 9 sectors and 14 sub-sectors to be manned by additional SPs, deputy SPs, Inspectors and sub-inspectors respectively.
Two dozens CCTV cameras have been installed across Ayodhya to a keep close watch on movements, and entry to the city is being allowed only after complete security check, Singh said.
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success