Security forces detain 24 at Indo-Nepal border
Maharajganj (UP): Twenty four people, including five women and 14 children, were detained here while they were trying to enter India through the Nepal border, police said on Wednesday.
The group of 24 persons were stopped by Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and local police for checking yesterday when they failed to produce valid documents about their identity, they said.
During interrogation, a police source said, the detained persons claimed that several years ago they had crossed over to Pakistan and got married and settled there.
Now they were trying to return home, said the source.
Prima facie nothing objectionable has been found against them, Superintendent of Police Lakshmi Narayan said.
All the detained people told the police that they belonged to Jammu and Kashmir and were coming from Kathmandu, sources said.
The local police is verifying their credentials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh