Security forces detain 24 at Indo-Nepal border
Maharajganj (UP): Twenty four people, including five women and 14 children, were detained here while they were trying to enter India through the Nepal border, police said on Wednesday.
The group of 24 persons were stopped by Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and local police for checking yesterday when they failed to produce valid documents about their identity, they said.
During interrogation, a police source said, the detained persons claimed that several years ago they had crossed over to Pakistan and got married and settled there.
Now they were trying to return home, said the source.
Prima facie nothing objectionable has been found against them, Superintendent of Police Lakshmi Narayan said.
All the detained people told the police that they belonged to Jammu and Kashmir and were coming from Kathmandu, sources said.
The local police is verifying their credentials.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Bollywood 2016: Sexiest posters of the year so far
- Eat these superfoods for healthy stomach!
- Delhi Police recovers precious dagger stolen from Nehru Museum, arrests 2
- When Subramanian Swamy provoked Congress leaders with 'Italian Constitution' jibe
- Meldonium count in Maria Sharapova's blood sample exceeds permissible levels: Russian Sports Minister