Security geared up for Babri Masjid demolition anniversary
Lucknow: Security has been geared up on the
eve of the 17th anniversary of the demolition of Babri Masjid
and authorities have banned observance of the day by political
parties through different functions to avert any law and order
While VHP has decided to observe the day as "Shourya Diwas
(valour day)", Samajwadi Party has planned "Kala Diwas (black
day)". All India Babri Masjid Action Committee has decided to
organise special prayers for peace and harmony.
Additional Director General (Law and Order) Brijlal said
district police chiefs have been asked to ensure that these
programmes did not vitiate communal atmosphere.
He said tight security arrangements were being made in
Ayodhya and other sensitive districts.
In Ayodhya besides central forces, 500 personnel of PAC,
200 jawans of Rapid Action Force (RAF) and three bomb
detecting squads and anti-sabotage teams have been deployed,
RAF teams have also been deployed in Faizabad, Gorakhpur,
Lucknow, Moradabad, Aligarh, Varanasi, Mau, Kanpur and other
districts, he said.
The authorities are extra careful this time as the
atmosphere has become surcharged after the Liberhan Commission
indicted senior BJP leaders including Atal Bihari Vajpayee, L
K Advani and Murli Manohar Joshi. The report, tabled in
Parliament, however, exonerated the then Prime Minister P V
Sources said public places including railway stations, bus
stands and markets were kept under surveillance to avert any
attempt to disturb law and order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in