Security in Noida set to be upgraded
Noida: Uttar Pradesh government on Tuesday gave approval for the setting up of five police stations, a hi-tech police control room, a cyber-crime police station and a forensic lab in Greater Noida region.
The state cabinet approved the proposal of the police department to upgrade security and surveillance for the twin cities of Noida and Greater Noida, SSP Preetinder Singh said.
The hi-tech integrated control room will be set up at Sector 14A police control room, he said, adding that this will help in reducing response time.
The cyber-crime police station will be set up in Noida with one ASP, 2 DSPs, one IT specialist, 2 Assistant IT officers, 5 data entry operators, one inspector, 5 sub inspectors, 5 head constables and 30 constables, the SSP said.
Of the five new police stations sanctioned, two will be in Noida and three in Greater Noida, Singh said. In Noida, the stations will be at Sector 71 (Noida Phase 3 police station) and Sector 128 (Expressway police station).
Each police station will have one inspector, 4 sub inspectors, 19 head constables, 73 constables, 3 class IV employees and 3 console operators, he said.
The Forensic Science Lab will also be set up at Noida.
To increase police force, state cabinet has approved posts of 345 sub inspectors, 1,694 constables, 345 constable drivers, he said, adding that 207 new vehicles will be provided to the district police.
For traffic management administrative building will be set up and a traffic management system having CCTV network will be developed, he said.
Presently, 192 cameras have been fitted at various crossings in the city. The control room will get the location of PCRs on its screen as all PCRs will be fitted with GPS, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference