Security increased at Taj following terror threat
Agra: Security has been increased at the Taj
Mahal following intelligence inputs over a possible terror
attack by militant outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed, police said Friday.
Uttar Pradesh ADG (Security) Ramesh Sehgal yesterday
visited the Taj along with senior police and ASI officials and
took a stock of the security arrangements in and around the
According to a police spokesman, the ADG held a meeting
here with senior officials and heads of the departments
concerned as there were intelligence inputs over a possible
terror strike by Jaish-e-Mohammed.
The spokesman said barbed wire fencing will be put at the
Dusshera ghat entrance, strength of the personnel at the 16
watch towers be increased and electronic barriers be installed
to keep vehicles off one km area around the Taj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India