Security increased at Taj following terror threat
Agra: Security has been increased at the Taj
Mahal following intelligence inputs over a possible terror
attack by militant outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed, police said Friday.
Uttar Pradesh ADG (Security) Ramesh Sehgal yesterday
visited the Taj along with senior police and ASI officials and
took a stock of the security arrangements in and around the
According to a police spokesman, the ADG held a meeting
here with senior officials and heads of the departments
concerned as there were intelligence inputs over a possible
terror strike by Jaish-e-Mohammed.
The spokesman said barbed wire fencing will be put at the
Dusshera ghat entrance, strength of the personnel at the 16
watch towers be increased and electronic barriers be installed
to keep vehicles off one km area around the Taj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites