Security increased at Taj following terror threat
Agra: Security has been increased at the Taj
Mahal following intelligence inputs over a possible terror
attack by militant outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed, police said Friday.
Uttar Pradesh ADG (Security) Ramesh Sehgal yesterday
visited the Taj along with senior police and ASI officials and
took a stock of the security arrangements in and around the
According to a police spokesman, the ADG held a meeting
here with senior officials and heads of the departments
concerned as there were intelligence inputs over a possible
terror strike by Jaish-e-Mohammed.
The spokesman said barbed wire fencing will be put at the
Dusshera ghat entrance, strength of the personnel at the 16
watch towers be increased and electronic barriers be installed
to keep vehicles off one km area around the Taj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'