Security increased at Taj following terror threat
Agra: Security has been increased at the Taj
Mahal following intelligence inputs over a possible terror
attack by militant outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed, police said Friday.
Uttar Pradesh ADG (Security) Ramesh Sehgal yesterday
visited the Taj along with senior police and ASI officials and
took a stock of the security arrangements in and around the
According to a police spokesman, the ADG held a meeting
here with senior officials and heads of the departments
concerned as there were intelligence inputs over a possible
terror strike by Jaish-e-Mohammed.
The spokesman said barbed wire fencing will be put at the
Dusshera ghat entrance, strength of the personnel at the 16
watch towers be increased and electronic barriers be installed
to keep vehicles off one km area around the Taj.
- Sonia Gandhi received bribe in AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: Subramanian Swamy
- Indian Premier League 9: Beleaguered R Ashwin finds support in spin legend Muttiah Muralitharan during tough phase
- China, Japan growth to slow sharply in 2016, IMF warns
- Ghaziabad school evacuated after bomb threat
- Anushka Sharma kicks the butt in 'Sultan' new still—See inside!