Security increased at Taj following terror threat
Agra: Security has been increased at the Taj
Mahal following intelligence inputs over a possible terror
attack by militant outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed, police said Friday.
Uttar Pradesh ADG (Security) Ramesh Sehgal yesterday
visited the Taj along with senior police and ASI officials and
took a stock of the security arrangements in and around the
According to a police spokesman, the ADG held a meeting
here with senior officials and heads of the departments
concerned as there were intelligence inputs over a possible
terror strike by Jaish-e-Mohammed.
The spokesman said barbed wire fencing will be put at the
Dusshera ghat entrance, strength of the personnel at the 16
watch towers be increased and electronic barriers be installed
to keep vehicles off one km area around the Taj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes charge as Assam’s first BJP CM, PM Modi attends his swearing-in
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis