Security nightmare forces Varanasi DM to change Narendra Modi`s itinerary
Zee Media Bureau
Varanasi: The itinerary of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, who is scheduled to address the Vijay Shankhnad rally here tomorrow, has been changed due to security reasons.
According to reports, the BJP leader`s itinerary was changed on the request of the Varanasi district administration.
Confirming the development, state BJP chief Laxmi Kant Bajpai told reporters that Modi would now visit the Sankatmochan and Vishwanath temples before the rally at the Khajuri village.
District Magistrate Pranjal Yadav said that in the letter sent by Gujarat government it was said that Modi would visit the two temples after the rally.
"We have requested Modi through a letter for not visiting Vishwanath and Sankat Mochan temples tomorrow as per schedule given by Gujrat government, when he will also address a rally at Khajuri village," the DM said.
"The Varanasi is a city of narrow lanes and nearly three lakh people are expected to visit it tomorrow, causing a lot of rush. Being Friday, when Juma namaz is offered, heavy security deployment would be needed, making it a difficult task for the police", he said.
As per the proposed schedule by the administration, Modi would first visit Sankatmochan temple and then Vishwanath temple and after offering prayers he would go to Khajuri ground to address the rally.
Meanwhile, Bajpai said that Modi would land at BJP helipad and would take land route to the temples.
He termed the media reports of arrangement of Namaz for Muslims at the rally spot as false.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!