Security of negotiators of Ayodhya peace talks removed
Ayodhya: The security cover of Mahant Gyan
Das and Mohammad Hashim Ansari, two of the main litigants in
the Ayodhya title suits case who are chief negotiators of
peace talks in the Ramjanmabhoomi-Babri Mosque dispute, has
The security cover provided by the local administration
to the two leaders after they initiated peaceful talks for an
out-of-court settlement of the Ayodhya dispute was taken off
late Monday evening, official sources said.
Due to a security risk to the two litigants, they were
provided round-the-clock Y category security after the
Allahabad High Court judgement in the case on September 30.
Three police gunners and half-a-dozen armed PAC personals were
posted at their respective residences.
While the PAC personnel were called back last evening,
the gunners continue to be deployed at the respective
residences, though their number has been reduced.
Ayodhya police circle officer Rakesh Kumar Pandey said,
"Ayodhya has got enough security forces and it has been
deployed at places according to the need."
However, sources in the police department said due to
shortfall in security forces in Ayodhya, the PAC security
cover has been withdrawn from both leaders.
Hashim Ansari said, "On some high
official`s order, PAC jawans posted here for my security were
removed. I was provided three police gunners round the clock,
now only two are left. When I will move out, these two gunners
will accompany me and nobody will be left behind me to protect
my house and my family."
A staff member at the residence of Mahant Gyan Das at
Hanuman Garhi premises said, "The PAC camp established for
Mahantji`s security has been removed. Even his personal
security of police gunners has been minimized."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note