Security of negotiators of Ayodhya peace talks removed
Ayodhya: The security cover of Mahant Gyan
Das and Mohammad Hashim Ansari, two of the main litigants in
the Ayodhya title suits case who are chief negotiators of
peace talks in the Ramjanmabhoomi-Babri Mosque dispute, has
The security cover provided by the local administration
to the two leaders after they initiated peaceful talks for an
out-of-court settlement of the Ayodhya dispute was taken off
late Monday evening, official sources said.
Due to a security risk to the two litigants, they were
provided round-the-clock Y category security after the
Allahabad High Court judgement in the case on September 30.
Three police gunners and half-a-dozen armed PAC personals were
posted at their respective residences.
While the PAC personnel were called back last evening,
the gunners continue to be deployed at the respective
residences, though their number has been reduced.
Ayodhya police circle officer Rakesh Kumar Pandey said,
"Ayodhya has got enough security forces and it has been
deployed at places according to the need."
However, sources in the police department said due to
shortfall in security forces in Ayodhya, the PAC security
cover has been withdrawn from both leaders.
Hashim Ansari said, "On some high
official`s order, PAC jawans posted here for my security were
removed. I was provided three police gunners round the clock,
now only two are left. When I will move out, these two gunners
will accompany me and nobody will be left behind me to protect
my house and my family."
A staff member at the residence of Mahant Gyan Das at
Hanuman Garhi premises said, "The PAC camp established for
Mahantji`s security has been removed. Even his personal
security of police gunners has been minimized."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader