Security tightened at Indo-Nepal border
Mahrajganj: On the eve of Independence Day, security forces have tightened the noose along the porous Indo-Nepal border to check terrorist activities and also to
ward off smugglers.
"Metal detectors have been installed at Sonauli and
Tutibari outposts on Indo-Nepal border," Lalit Kumar,
commandant Shashastra Seema Bal first battalion said.
He said that four dog squads trained in detecting
narcotics and arms have also been deployed to check
infiltration and two close circuit cameras have already been
set up at Sonauli.
To prevent the movement of terrorists in the area, the
security agencies have been asked to ascertain the identities
of people before allowing them to cross over, Kumar said.
"We are keeping a sharp vigil at vital points and on
the doubtful activities on the occasion of Independence day,"
The SSB Intelligence Unit and other security agencies
have been asked to keep a vigil to ensure that no terrorist
module takes shelter anywhere near the border areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion