Security tightened at Indo-Nepal border
Mahrajganj: On the eve of Independence Day, security forces have tightened the noose along the porous Indo-Nepal border to check terrorist activities and also to
ward off smugglers.
"Metal detectors have been installed at Sonauli and
Tutibari outposts on Indo-Nepal border," Lalit Kumar,
commandant Shashastra Seema Bal first battalion said.
He said that four dog squads trained in detecting
narcotics and arms have also been deployed to check
infiltration and two close circuit cameras have already been
set up at Sonauli.
To prevent the movement of terrorists in the area, the
security agencies have been asked to ascertain the identities
of people before allowing them to cross over, Kumar said.
"We are keeping a sharp vigil at vital points and on
the doubtful activities on the occasion of Independence day,"
The SSB Intelligence Unit and other security agencies
have been asked to keep a vigil to ensure that no terrorist
module takes shelter anywhere near the border areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!