Security tightened at Indo-Nepal border
Mahrajganj: On the eve of Independence Day, security forces have tightened the noose along the porous Indo-Nepal border to check terrorist activities and also to
ward off smugglers.
"Metal detectors have been installed at Sonauli and
Tutibari outposts on Indo-Nepal border," Lalit Kumar,
commandant Shashastra Seema Bal first battalion said.
He said that four dog squads trained in detecting
narcotics and arms have also been deployed to check
infiltration and two close circuit cameras have already been
set up at Sonauli.
To prevent the movement of terrorists in the area, the
security agencies have been asked to ascertain the identities
of people before allowing them to cross over, Kumar said.
"We are keeping a sharp vigil at vital points and on
the doubtful activities on the occasion of Independence day,"
The SSB Intelligence Unit and other security agencies
have been asked to keep a vigil to ensure that no terrorist
module takes shelter anywhere near the border areas.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani