Security tightened at Indo-Nepal border
Mahrajganj: On the eve of Independence Day, security forces have tightened the noose along the porous Indo-Nepal border to check terrorist activities and also to
ward off smugglers.
"Metal detectors have been installed at Sonauli and
Tutibari outposts on Indo-Nepal border," Lalit Kumar,
commandant Shashastra Seema Bal first battalion said.
He said that four dog squads trained in detecting
narcotics and arms have also been deployed to check
infiltration and two close circuit cameras have already been
set up at Sonauli.
To prevent the movement of terrorists in the area, the
security agencies have been asked to ascertain the identities
of people before allowing them to cross over, Kumar said.
"We are keeping a sharp vigil at vital points and on
the doubtful activities on the occasion of Independence day,"
The SSB Intelligence Unit and other security agencies
have been asked to keep a vigil to ensure that no terrorist
module takes shelter anywhere near the border areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outline solutions, don't become roadblock to progressive democracy: BJP tells Mamata
- After Virat Kohli, time for Anil Kumble to work with MS Dhoni - Here's what Jumbo said..
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!