Security tightened at Taj Mahal
Agra: With tourists and Commonwealth Games athletes thronging the city to see the Taj Mahal, security has been beefed up in and around the heritage monument to prevent
any terror strike.
"More personnel of the anti-terrorist squad have been deployed at the Taj Mahal. A team of ATS commandos also arrived here from Lucknow yesterday," a senior police official
The ATS commandos, the BSF and PAC pickets are posted at the Taj Mahal in addition to blue hawks, the elite commandos of the state`s anti-terrorist squad deployed in and around the monument and at the Agra Cantonment Railway station.
Extra police and intelligence personnel have been deployed in the city in view of the Commonwealth Games in Delhi. A special Shatabdi train brings about 200 participants
and their entourages to the city everyday for sightseeing, the official said.
An hour before the train arrives at the station in the morning and an hour before it leaves for Delhi in the evening, passenger entry to the station remains barred, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what