Security tightened at Taj Mahal
Agra: With tourists and Commonwealth Games athletes thronging the city to see the Taj Mahal, security has been beefed up in and around the heritage monument to prevent
any terror strike.
"More personnel of the anti-terrorist squad have been deployed at the Taj Mahal. A team of ATS commandos also arrived here from Lucknow yesterday," a senior police official
The ATS commandos, the BSF and PAC pickets are posted at the Taj Mahal in addition to blue hawks, the elite commandos of the state`s anti-terrorist squad deployed in and around the monument and at the Agra Cantonment Railway station.
Extra police and intelligence personnel have been deployed in the city in view of the Commonwealth Games in Delhi. A special Shatabdi train brings about 200 participants
and their entourages to the city everyday for sightseeing, the official said.
An hour before the train arrives at the station in the morning and an hour before it leaves for Delhi in the evening, passenger entry to the station remains barred, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state