Security tightened at Taj Mahal
Agra: With tourists and Commonwealth Games athletes thronging the city to see the Taj Mahal, security has been beefed up in and around the heritage monument to prevent
any terror strike.
"More personnel of the anti-terrorist squad have been deployed at the Taj Mahal. A team of ATS commandos also arrived here from Lucknow yesterday," a senior police official
The ATS commandos, the BSF and PAC pickets are posted at the Taj Mahal in addition to blue hawks, the elite commandos of the state`s anti-terrorist squad deployed in and around the monument and at the Agra Cantonment Railway station.
Extra police and intelligence personnel have been deployed in the city in view of the Commonwealth Games in Delhi. A special Shatabdi train brings about 200 participants
and their entourages to the city everyday for sightseeing, the official said.
An hour before the train arrives at the station in the morning and an hour before it leaves for Delhi in the evening, passenger entry to the station remains barred, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands