Security tightened in Mathura after Hyderabad blasts
Mathura: In the wake of twin blasts in Hyderabad, the security has been stepped up in temples and oil refineries here, police said on Friday.
"As soon as we got the information about blasts in Hyderabad last evening, the security was immediately tightened around the temples of Mathura and Vrindavan and refineries situated on Agra-Delhi highway," SSP Pradeep Yadav said.
All the security forces have been alerted to deal with any unfortunate situation, he said.
Security has been heightened at Lord Krishna`s birth place, Dwarkadhish temple, Vrindavan`s BankeBihari temple, Isckon temple, Govardhan temple and temples in Barsana, he said.
"Patrolling was increased at the railway station, bus stands, hotels and other public places. Intelligence sources have been instructed to immediately report any kind of suspicious activity," said Pradeep.
The security of the refineries of Indian Oil Corporation has also been increased.
Two powerful near simultaneous blasts had ripped through a crowded area close to a cluster of bus stands in Dilsukhnagar area of Hyderabad yesterday in which 16 people were killed and 119 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand