Security tightened in Mathura after Hyderabad blasts
Mathura: In the wake of twin blasts in Hyderabad, the security has been stepped up in temples and oil refineries here, police said on Friday.
"As soon as we got the information about blasts in Hyderabad last evening, the security was immediately tightened around the temples of Mathura and Vrindavan and refineries situated on Agra-Delhi highway," SSP Pradeep Yadav said.
All the security forces have been alerted to deal with any unfortunate situation, he said.
Security has been heightened at Lord Krishna`s birth place, Dwarkadhish temple, Vrindavan`s BankeBihari temple, Isckon temple, Govardhan temple and temples in Barsana, he said.
"Patrolling was increased at the railway station, bus stands, hotels and other public places. Intelligence sources have been instructed to immediately report any kind of suspicious activity," said Pradeep.
The security of the refineries of Indian Oil Corporation has also been increased.
Two powerful near simultaneous blasts had ripped through a crowded area close to a cluster of bus stands in Dilsukhnagar area of Hyderabad yesterday in which 16 people were killed and 119 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth