Security tightened in Mathura after Hyderabad blasts
Mathura: In the wake of twin blasts in Hyderabad, the security has been stepped up in temples and oil refineries here, police said on Friday.
"As soon as we got the information about blasts in Hyderabad last evening, the security was immediately tightened around the temples of Mathura and Vrindavan and refineries situated on Agra-Delhi highway," SSP Pradeep Yadav said.
All the security forces have been alerted to deal with any unfortunate situation, he said.
Security has been heightened at Lord Krishna`s birth place, Dwarkadhish temple, Vrindavan`s BankeBihari temple, Isckon temple, Govardhan temple and temples in Barsana, he said.
"Patrolling was increased at the railway station, bus stands, hotels and other public places. Intelligence sources have been instructed to immediately report any kind of suspicious activity," said Pradeep.
The security of the refineries of Indian Oil Corporation has also been increased.
Two powerful near simultaneous blasts had ripped through a crowded area close to a cluster of bus stands in Dilsukhnagar area of Hyderabad yesterday in which 16 people were killed and 119 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it