Security tightened in Muzaffarnagar for PM`s to visit on Monday
Lucknow: Security has been beefed up in Muzaffarnagar ahead of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s visit to the violence-hit district on Monday.
"Extra force has been provided to Meerut zone for the Prime Minister`s visit tomorrow," IG (Law and Order) R K Vishwakarma told reporters here.
Additional Director General of Police O P Singh would be the in-charge of the overall security, he said.
"Two IGs, five DIGs, 14 ASPs, 20 DSPs, 150 inspectors and sub-inspectors and 500 constables have been provided," the IG said.
42 companies, including those of PAC and RAF, are already camping in the district, he said. Situation is peaceful in Muzaffarnagar and no fresh incident was reported from there, he added.
Vishwakarma said as per the tentative programme, the Prime Minister is scheduled to visit seven places.
Secretary, Home, Kamal Saxena said the then SSP Subhash Chandra Dubey was suspended for his failure to take timely action to control the violence in Muzaffarnagar.
Regarding action against BJP MLAs named in FIRs filed in connection with the violence, he said efforts were on to arrest them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know