Security tightened throughout Delhi-Saharanpur railway route
Muzaffarnagar: In view of recent attacks on students in trains on the Delhi-Saharanpur route, security has been tightened, railway police said here on Friday.
CCTV cameras have been installed in trains along sensitive places of railway stations on the routes, Additional Director General of Police Railway, Mukul Goel told media here today.
Railway police and railway protection force personnel in plain clothes have been deployed, he said, adding that steps have been taken following incidents of beating of students of a particular community to create tension.
Videography has also been initiated to identify the culprits, Goel added.
It is learnt that Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband is concerned over the attack on its students in trains here and raised the incident with the state government and railway authority and sought security of its students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says