Security tightened throughout Delhi-Saharanpur railway route
Muzaffarnagar: In view of recent attacks on students in trains on the Delhi-Saharanpur route, security has been tightened, railway police said here on Friday.
CCTV cameras have been installed in trains along sensitive places of railway stations on the routes, Additional Director General of Police Railway, Mukul Goel told media here today.
Railway police and railway protection force personnel in plain clothes have been deployed, he said, adding that steps have been taken following incidents of beating of students of a particular community to create tension.
Videography has also been initiated to identify the culprits, Goel added.
It is learnt that Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband is concerned over the attack on its students in trains here and raised the incident with the state government and railway authority and sought security of its students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users