Security tightened throughout Delhi-Saharanpur railway route
Muzaffarnagar: In view of recent attacks on students in trains on the Delhi-Saharanpur route, security has been tightened, railway police said here on Friday.
CCTV cameras have been installed in trains along sensitive places of railway stations on the routes, Additional Director General of Police Railway, Mukul Goel told media here today.
Railway police and railway protection force personnel in plain clothes have been deployed, he said, adding that steps have been taken following incidents of beating of students of a particular community to create tension.
Videography has also been initiated to identify the culprits, Goel added.
It is learnt that Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband is concerned over the attack on its students in trains here and raised the incident with the state government and railway authority and sought security of its students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Twitter has paid $322,420 to bug hunters so far
- Sell your old car for scrap and get freebies from government
- IPL 2016 Final: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad — Possible XIs, Date, Time, Venue, TV Listing, Live Streaming
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan