Security tightened throughout Delhi-Saharanpur railway route
Muzaffarnagar: In view of recent attacks on students in trains on the Delhi-Saharanpur route, security has been tightened, railway police said here on Friday.
CCTV cameras have been installed in trains along sensitive places of railway stations on the routes, Additional Director General of Police Railway, Mukul Goel told media here today.
Railway police and railway protection force personnel in plain clothes have been deployed, he said, adding that steps have been taken following incidents of beating of students of a particular community to create tension.
Videography has also been initiated to identify the culprits, Goel added.
It is learnt that Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband is concerned over the attack on its students in trains here and raised the incident with the state government and railway authority and sought security of its students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday