Security tightened throughout Delhi-Saharanpur railway route
Muzaffarnagar: In view of recent attacks on students in trains on the Delhi-Saharanpur route, security has been tightened, railway police said here on Friday.
CCTV cameras have been installed in trains along sensitive places of railway stations on the routes, Additional Director General of Police Railway, Mukul Goel told media here today.
Railway police and railway protection force personnel in plain clothes have been deployed, he said, adding that steps have been taken following incidents of beating of students of a particular community to create tension.
Videography has also been initiated to identify the culprits, Goel added.
It is learnt that Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband is concerned over the attack on its students in trains here and raised the incident with the state government and railway authority and sought security of its students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra