Senior BSP leader arrested in murder case
Lucknow: Senior BSP leader Intezar Ahmad
Abdi alias Bobby was on Saturday arrested in connection with the
murder of a state government employee, a senior police officer
Intezar Ahmad Abdi alias Bobby was arrested this evening
from Wazirganj area in connection with the murder of Saifi
Haider Naqvi, Deputy Inspector General of Police Lucknow DK
Saifer Haider Naqvi alais Saifi, an employee of the
social welfare department, was shot dead by unidentified
persons near his house on March 2.
Abdi`s name figured in the murder case after shooters
arrested by Delhi police on May 18 revealed his involvement.
The BSP leader was the chairman of Ganna Sansthan, a post
equivalent to that of Minister of State. However, he was
removed from the post yesterday.
Abdi`s name also figured in an arson attack at UPCC
president Rita Bahuguna Joshi`s residence in 2009 and was
arrested in March this year before being released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate