Senior cop faces inquiry for breach of protocol
Aligarh: A senior police official here faces an inquiry after he was found allegedly playing video game on his mobile phone during a meeting called by the police department to review poll preparations.
IG Agra Zone Ashutosh Pandey had called a meeting Monday to discuss apparatus put in place for the ensuing elections.
The matter came to light yesterday when clipping of the incident was picked up by some news channels from social media websites showing SP Crime Shakiluzzaman busy on his smart phone while the IG was directing top police officials to ensure "no breach of law and electoral code of conduct by political parties and government machinery".
Agra Zone consists of some sensitive constituencies including Agra, Aligarh, Mainpuri and Etah.
The IG said a probe has been ordered into the alleged breach of protocol to be conducted by the SP Etah, who has been asked to submit his report "within two days".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death