Senior cop faces inquiry for breach of protocol
Aligarh: A senior police official here faces an inquiry after he was found allegedly playing video game on his mobile phone during a meeting called by the police department to review poll preparations.
IG Agra Zone Ashutosh Pandey had called a meeting Monday to discuss apparatus put in place for the ensuing elections.
The matter came to light yesterday when clipping of the incident was picked up by some news channels from social media websites showing SP Crime Shakiluzzaman busy on his smart phone while the IG was directing top police officials to ensure "no breach of law and electoral code of conduct by political parties and government machinery".
Agra Zone consists of some sensitive constituencies including Agra, Aligarh, Mainpuri and Etah.
The IG said a probe has been ordered into the alleged breach of protocol to be conducted by the SP Etah, who has been asked to submit his report "within two days".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar