Senior cop`s son involved in drunken brawl
Allahabad: Two constables were today suspended after a video footage showed that they did not act when a drunken brawl took place at a hotel in the city three days ago in which two persons, including a son of a senior police official, were injured.
"Picket constables V K Dubey and Devendra Singh have been suspended by Senior Superintendent of Police Mohit Agrawal as they have been found guilty of failure to take prompt action in the March 25 incident under Shahganj police station area," police spokesman Uma Shankar Shukla said.
The SSP took the action on the basis of the video clip, which was beamed on various news channels, wherein the two constables were shown standing passively while Pankaj Shukla, an advocate whose father is a DSP, exchanged blows with fellow lawyer Vivek Singh at a hotel where they had gone for dinner after having drinks.
Pankaj and Vivek were said to be old friends until a scuffle broke out around midnight on March 25 during which they exchanged fisticuffs and also allegedly fired at each other with their respective licensed weapons, Shukla said.
Although neither of them received any bullet injuries, they were badly wounded in the fist fight and later admitted to a hospital where their condition is stated to be out of danger.
Meanwhile, a case has been registered and the SSP has directed the Deputy SP in-charge of Kotwali Circle to investigate the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city