Seniors shoot at junior for protesting ragging
Lucknow: A junior college student was allegedly shot at by his seniors in Uttar Pradesh`s Meerut district after he opposed the ragging of a batch-mate, police said on Tuesday.
Rudraksh Kumar, a first semester law student of the Dewan Institute, was on Monday shot at by several third year students of Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) for opposing the ragging of a girl student.
"Acting on the complaint of Rudraksh, we late on Monday registered a case against the three BBA students - Anuj Kumar, Anubhav Kaushik and Ajay Sangwan," Police Inspector BD Pushkar told reporters in Meerut, some 450 km from here.
While Rudraksh is being treated at a hospital, the accused are absconding.
Rudraksh received bullet injuries but is now stated to be out of danger, said Pushkar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit: Here are answers to 5 key questions on what will happen next in Britain's relations with European Union
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating