Seniors shoot at junior for protesting ragging
Lucknow: A junior college student was allegedly shot at by his seniors in Uttar Pradesh`s Meerut district after he opposed the ragging of a batch-mate, police said on Tuesday.
Rudraksh Kumar, a first semester law student of the Dewan Institute, was on Monday shot at by several third year students of Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) for opposing the ragging of a girl student.
"Acting on the complaint of Rudraksh, we late on Monday registered a case against the three BBA students - Anuj Kumar, Anubhav Kaushik and Ajay Sangwan," Police Inspector BD Pushkar told reporters in Meerut, some 450 km from here.
While Rudraksh is being treated at a hospital, the accused are absconding.
Rudraksh received bullet injuries but is now stated to be out of danger, said Pushkar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Money laundering: Chhagan, Sameer Bhujbal's judicial custody extended till June 7
- Posting babies' photos on Facebook put moms at depression risk
- Donald Trump is a joke for America: Chloe Grace Moretz
- Charleston church shooting case: US seeks death penalty for shooter Dylann Roof
- Irregularities in petition to oust Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro