Separate cases of molestation spark protests in Meerut
Meerut: Two separate incidents of molestation in the district sparked off angry protests and led to tension between local communities, police said on Monday.
The first case was reported from Railway Road area of the city when a youth, identified as Afzal, allegedly dragged a girl inside a house last night and tried to molest her. He allegedly also shot a video clip of the act.
However, the victim`s shouts for help brought people nearby to her rescue who nabbed the accused, police said, adding that the accused has been taken into custody.
In another incident yesterday, a youth Wasim allegedly tried to molest a girl in Masuri village in the Inchauli area while she was on her way home.
According to police, in this case too the girl`s cries for help brought villagers and her family members to the scene who then thrashed the youth. He had to be admitted in a nursing home after being beaten up.
A case has been registered against him, police said.
A senior Meerut police official said that although there was tension in the area following the incident last evening, situation has been brought under control this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!