Serve good quality food under Mid-day meal scheme: Maya
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati has directed officials to ensure that good quality
food was served to children under Mid-day meal scheme.
An official release issued here today said that Chief
Minister, who had reviewed the scheme`s progress few days ago
directed to keep a check on the quality of the mid day meal
bring provided to children and warned of stern action in case
of any compromise on it.
The CM said that any complaint with regard to the
implementation of the scheme would be taken seriously and
stern action would be taken against those found responsible.
She asked for providing training to the cooks preparing
the meal, so that children could get nutritious food, the
release said adding that special attention should also be on
Mayawati also called for keeping an eye on the health of
children by taking help of medical practitioners, the release
said adding 1.70 crore children at the primary level and 40
lakh children at the middle school level were covered in the
state under Mid-day meal scheme.
It might be mentioned that Congress president Sonia
Gandhi had expressed her displeasure over the quality of food
being served under the scheme in her parliamentary
constituency, Rae Bareli during a recent two-day visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!