Seven buried alive as earth caves in
Lucknow: Seven people, including two children and three teenagers, were on Wednesday buried alive in two incidents as earth caved in while they were doing construction works in Uttar Pradesh`s Rampur district, police said here.
In the first incident, five persons were killed as mound of earth fell on them while they were digging a pond in Milakchikna village, they said.
The victims have been identified as Gulshada (18), Ibrahim (10), Pinki (18), Shama (12) and Ruksar (13), police said.
In a similar incident in Panvariya village, two labourers, identified as Bachchan Singh and Radhey Shyam, were buried alive as the earth caved in while they were digging a drain, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security