Seven chargesheeted in highway gang rape case
Muzaffarnagar: Seven persons including two
cousins of suspended BSP MLA Shahnawaz Rana have been
chargesheeted in connection with the gang rape of two women on
the Delhi-Mussourie highway on the night of June 21.
The BSP MLA`s cousins Saddam Rana and Shahzaib Rana, two
policemen Narender Kumar and Jarrar Ahmad, driver Dilshad,
Ragib and Mashroof have been chargesheeted on charges of gang
rape, SP Shiv Ram Yadav said.
A local court has directed the police to produce the
accused before it on September 26, he said.
The Delhi-based women had been abducted on the night of
June 21 while returning to the national capital from Mussourie
in a car. The group had stopped near a petrol pump on NH-58
when the incident took place.
The woman were gang raped on gun-point in a nearby house
by the accused where they were taken after the abduction,
The car bearing a VIP number plate which was allegedly
used to abduct the women was recovered from Rana`s residence.
Taking a serious note of the incident, Mayawati had
suspended the Bijnor MLA from the membership of BSP and
directed the Special Task Force (STF) to probe the incident.
The police had converted attempt to rape case into gang
rape after taking cognisance of victims` statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...