Seven devotees killed in Uttar Pradesh accident
Lucknow: At least seven devotees, including two children, were killed and 24 injured in Uttar Pradesh on Friday when a speeding truck ploughed into the goods carrier in which they were travelling, police said.
The devotees were on their way back from the famous Devi Patan temple in Uttar Pradesh`s Balrampur district when the accident took place.
"Those killed include two children, two women and three men," police inspector Ram Bali Rai told reporters in Shrawasti, some 300 Km from Lucknow.
"All the injured have been admitted to a hospital. The condition of eight devotees is stated to be serious," he added.
Police are yet to trace the truck`s driver who managed to escape.
Those killed or injured belonged to different villages were natives of different villages of Uttar Pradesh`s Bahraich district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred