Seven devotees killed in Uttar Pradesh accident
Lucknow: At least seven devotees were killed and 40 injured when their bus overturned and fell into a deep ditch in Uttar Pradesh`s Banda district, police said on Monday.
The accident took place late Sunday when the private bus taking passengers to Chitrakoot Dham -- a pilgrimage centre -- overturned in Girwan area, some 200 km from Lucknow.
"With the help of locals, trapped passengers were rescued and admitted to the district hospital," police inspector NR Singh said.
Banda Chief Medical Officer Kedarnath Srivastava said: "Of the 40 injured, seven have been referred to Hailet hospital in Kanpur as their condition deteriorated."
According to police, the victims are natives of different villages in Hamirpur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH