Seven held for smuggling liquor in Meerut
Meerut: Seven persons were arrested for allegedly smuggling liquor in three villages of the district during a drive being carried out by the police ahead of the Lok Sabha elections.
In view of a rise in cases of liquor smuggling off late, police had launched a drive in Bahsuma, Satwai and Kithauli villages in the district, SSP Onkar Singh said on Tuesday.
Under the drive, we arrested Karamveer and Lavi were arrested from Bahsuma village, Deepak, another Deepak and Gaurav were arrested from Satwai village. Vinod and Veerpal were arrested from Kithauli village, he said.
A total of 80 bottles of liquor were seized from them, the SSP said.
Police believe that the liquor was meant to be used to woo voters during the Lok Sabha elections, he said.
The SSP said the drive against liquor smuggling would continue till the polls.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on