Seven `Kawad` pilgrims injured in clash
Muzaffarnagar: Seven `Kawad` pilgrims were injured when a clash broke out between two groups of the Shiv pilgrims on the Delhi-Haridwar National Highway over crossing a road first, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place yesterday near Sisona village in the district when a clash between two groups of the `Kawad` pilgrims over crossing a road first turned violent, they said.
Sharp weapons and lathis were used in the fight, police said, adding that the situation was brought under control after they reached the spot.
A case has been registered against four pilgrims -- Ankur, Kuldeep, Sandeep and Sonu, police said, adding that the four have been arrested.
`Kawad` pilgrims, gather at Haridwar every year to take a dip in the Ganga and carry water from the river to offer it to Lord Shiva during the `Kawad Yatra`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez