Seven `Kawad` pilgrims injured in clash
Muzaffarnagar: Seven `Kawad` pilgrims were injured when a clash broke out between two groups of the Shiv pilgrims on the Delhi-Haridwar National Highway over crossing a road first, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place yesterday near Sisona village in the district when a clash between two groups of the `Kawad` pilgrims over crossing a road first turned violent, they said.
Sharp weapons and lathis were used in the fight, police said, adding that the situation was brought under control after they reached the spot.
A case has been registered against four pilgrims -- Ankur, Kuldeep, Sandeep and Sonu, police said, adding that the four have been arrested.
`Kawad` pilgrims, gather at Haridwar every year to take a dip in the Ganga and carry water from the river to offer it to Lord Shiva during the `Kawad Yatra`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America