Seven killed as bus plunges into river in UP
Bareilly: Seven persons, including three children, were killed and 40 others injured when a bus in which they were travelling lost control and fell into the Khannaut river in neighbouring Pilibhit district, police said here.
The incident took place last evening when the bus was on its way to Pilibhit from Shahjahanpur, they said, adding that those killed have been identified as Brijbihari Lal (60), Vaishali (10), Shital (11), Poonam (8), Rambeti (50), Ramrati (50 and Nanhelal (50).
The injured were admitted to a hospital, where their condition was stated to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey