Seven killed as bus plunges into river in UP
Bareilly: Seven persons, including three children, were killed and 40 others injured when a bus in which they were travelling lost control and fell into the Khannaut river in neighbouring Pilibhit district, police said here.
The incident took place last evening when the bus was on its way to Pilibhit from Shahjahanpur, they said, adding that those killed have been identified as Brijbihari Lal (60), Vaishali (10), Shital (11), Poonam (8), Rambeti (50), Ramrati (50 and Nanhelal (50).
The injured were admitted to a hospital, where their condition was stated to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP