Seven killed as bus plunges into river in UP
Bareilly: Seven persons, including three children, were killed and 40 others injured when a bus in which they were travelling lost control and fell into the Khannaut river in neighbouring Pilibhit district, police said here.
The incident took place last evening when the bus was on its way to Pilibhit from Shahjahanpur, they said, adding that those killed have been identified as Brijbihari Lal (60), Vaishali (10), Shital (11), Poonam (8), Rambeti (50), Ramrati (50 and Nanhelal (50).
The injured were admitted to a hospital, where their condition was stated to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand