Seven killed in rains in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Seven people were killed in rain-related incidents in Uttar Pradesh as moderate to heavy rains lashed some parts of the state on Sunday.
The Relief Commissioner Office said four people were killed in Sitapur district, two in Siddharth Nagar and one in Sant Kabir Nagar.
Rivers Ghaghra, Sharna and Kwano were flowing above the red mark at a number of places in the state.
The south-west monsoon was normal in western UP and weak in eastern parts of the state, the Met office said.
Bansi district received 11 mm of rains, Thakurdwara 10, Moradabad 8, Sahabad 5, Basti, Bareilly and Rampur 4 each, Bisauli 3 and Kanpur 2.
River Sharda was flowing above the danger mark at Paliankalan in Lakhimpur and Ghaghra at Elgin Bridge in Barabanki, the Central Water Commission said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery