Seven killed in rains in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Seven people were killed in rain-related incidents in Uttar Pradesh as moderate to heavy rains lashed some parts of the state on Sunday.
The Relief Commissioner Office said four people were killed in Sitapur district, two in Siddharth Nagar and one in Sant Kabir Nagar.
Rivers Ghaghra, Sharna and Kwano were flowing above the red mark at a number of places in the state.
The south-west monsoon was normal in western UP and weak in eastern parts of the state, the Met office said.
Bansi district received 11 mm of rains, Thakurdwara 10, Moradabad 8, Sahabad 5, Basti, Bareilly and Rampur 4 each, Bisauli 3 and Kanpur 2.
River Sharda was flowing above the danger mark at Paliankalan in Lakhimpur and Ghaghra at Elgin Bridge in Barabanki, the Central Water Commission said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh