Seven killed in rains in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Seven people were killed in rain-related incidents in Uttar Pradesh as moderate to heavy rains lashed some parts of the state on Sunday.
The Relief Commissioner Office said four people were killed in Sitapur district, two in Siddharth Nagar and one in Sant Kabir Nagar.
Rivers Ghaghra, Sharna and Kwano were flowing above the red mark at a number of places in the state.
The south-west monsoon was normal in western UP and weak in eastern parts of the state, the Met office said.
Bansi district received 11 mm of rains, Thakurdwara 10, Moradabad 8, Sahabad 5, Basti, Bareilly and Rampur 4 each, Bisauli 3 and Kanpur 2.
River Sharda was flowing above the danger mark at Paliankalan in Lakhimpur and Ghaghra at Elgin Bridge in Barabanki, the Central Water Commission said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets