Seven of a family washed away in flood waters in UP
Hardoi: Seven members of a family, including two minors, died after being swept away by floods triggered by incessant rains in Rudraprayag area of Uttarakhand, police said.
Omprakash Pandey (60), his wife Shushma Pandey (55), son Anuj Pandey (32), daughter-in-law Kushuma (28), Abhi (8), Anshu (5) and Premlata Mishra (22) of Lakshmi Purva locality here swept away in the swirling water of the Ganga river yesterday, they said.
The victims, who were on their way to Kedarnath Yatra, stayed in Gauri Kunda Birla hotel in the district. The entire hotel was swept away in flood waters, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says