Seven smugglers arrested, 115 cattleheads recovere
Azamgarh: Seven smugglers were on Monday arrested and 115 cattleheads being taken to West Bengal were recovered from them in Kandharpur area, police said here.
Police and Special Operations Group (SOG) team checking vehicles asked a fleet of four trucks coming from Ambedkarnagar side to stop but they fled past, they said.
The trucks were chased and caught near Manduri airstrip and 115 cattleheads being brought from Faizabad were recovered, they said.
The nabbed smugglers belong to Ballia, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars