Seven smugglers arrested, 115 cattleheads recovere
Azamgarh: Seven smugglers were on Monday arrested and 115 cattleheads being taken to West Bengal were recovered from them in Kandharpur area, police said here.
Police and Special Operations Group (SOG) team checking vehicles asked a fleet of four trucks coming from Ambedkarnagar side to stop but they fled past, they said.
The trucks were chased and caught near Manduri airstrip and 115 cattleheads being brought from Faizabad were recovered, they said.
The nabbed smugglers belong to Ballia, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!