Seven smugglers arrested, 115 cattleheads recovere
Azamgarh: Seven smugglers were on Monday arrested and 115 cattleheads being taken to West Bengal were recovered from them in Kandharpur area, police said here.
Police and Special Operations Group (SOG) team checking vehicles asked a fleet of four trucks coming from Ambedkarnagar side to stop but they fled past, they said.
The trucks were chased and caught near Manduri airstrip and 115 cattleheads being brought from Faizabad were recovered, they said.
The nabbed smugglers belong to Ballia, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack