Seven smugglers arrested, 115 cattleheads recovere
Azamgarh: Seven smugglers were on Monday arrested and 115 cattleheads being taken to West Bengal were recovered from them in Kandharpur area, police said here.
Police and Special Operations Group (SOG) team checking vehicles asked a fleet of four trucks coming from Ambedkarnagar side to stop but they fled past, they said.
The trucks were chased and caught near Manduri airstrip and 115 cattleheads being brought from Faizabad were recovered, they said.
The nabbed smugglers belong to Ballia, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months