Seven smugglers arrested, 115 cattleheads recovere
Azamgarh: Seven smugglers were on Monday arrested and 115 cattleheads being taken to West Bengal were recovered from them in Kandharpur area, police said here.
Police and Special Operations Group (SOG) team checking vehicles asked a fleet of four trucks coming from Ambedkarnagar side to stop but they fled past, they said.
The trucks were chased and caught near Manduri airstrip and 115 cattleheads being brought from Faizabad were recovered, they said.
The nabbed smugglers belong to Ballia, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region