Several hurt in clash in Meerut
Meerut: At least two dozen people were injured when a clash broke out between two groups of Muslims during a Muharram procession in the district, police said.
The clash broke out between two groups of minority community at Abdulahpur village yesterday, after one side asked the other group to stop beating of drums during the Muharram procession as a `majlis` (religious gathering) was going on, SSP K Satyanarayan said.
The argument soon turned violent as the two sides exchanged fire and pelted stones at each other, prompting authorities to deploy police force in the district.
Police is interrogating the persons arrested in connection with the violence, SP (rural) RP Pandey said.
A hunt is on to nab others, police said, adding, the situation is under control now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof