Several injured in clash in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: Tension gripped Kazikhera village here after several people, including a religious head, were injured when ten persons allegedly attacked people offering prayers inside a place of worship, police said on Tuesday.
The accused entered the place of worship last evening to attack a person who was offering prayers inside, police said.
The person had a confrontation with one of the accused earlier following which the latter gathered supporters and attacked him with sticks, they said.
Others who came forward to save him were also attacked, including the head of the place of worship, they said.
A case has been registered against ten persons who are absconding, police said, adding that a search is to nab them is on.
Security has been beefed up in the village and reinforcement deployed to ease the tension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!