Several injured in clash in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: Tension gripped Kazikhera village here after several people, including a religious head, were injured when ten persons allegedly attacked people offering prayers inside a place of worship, police said on Tuesday.
The accused entered the place of worship last evening to attack a person who was offering prayers inside, police said.
The person had a confrontation with one of the accused earlier following which the latter gathered supporters and attacked him with sticks, they said.
Others who came forward to save him were also attacked, including the head of the place of worship, they said.
A case has been registered against ten persons who are absconding, police said, adding that a search is to nab them is on.
Security has been beefed up in the village and reinforcement deployed to ease the tension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing