Several injured in clash in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: Tension gripped Kazikhera village here after several people, including a religious head, were injured when ten persons allegedly attacked people offering prayers inside a place of worship, police said on Tuesday.
The accused entered the place of worship last evening to attack a person who was offering prayers inside, police said.
The person had a confrontation with one of the accused earlier following which the latter gathered supporters and attacked him with sticks, they said.
Others who came forward to save him were also attacked, including the head of the place of worship, they said.
A case has been registered against ten persons who are absconding, police said, adding that a search is to nab them is on.
Security has been beefed up in the village and reinforcement deployed to ease the tension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city