Several injured in clash in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: Tension gripped Kazikhera village here after several people, including a religious head, were injured when ten persons allegedly attacked people offering prayers inside a place of worship, police said on Tuesday.
The accused entered the place of worship last evening to attack a person who was offering prayers inside, police said.
The person had a confrontation with one of the accused earlier following which the latter gathered supporters and attacked him with sticks, they said.
Others who came forward to save him were also attacked, including the head of the place of worship, they said.
A case has been registered against ten persons who are absconding, police said, adding that a search is to nab them is on.
Security has been beefed up in the village and reinforcement deployed to ease the tension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional