Several injured in clash in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: Tension gripped Kazikhera village here after several people, including a religious head, were injured when ten persons allegedly attacked people offering prayers inside a place of worship, police said on Tuesday.
The accused entered the place of worship last evening to attack a person who was offering prayers inside, police said.
The person had a confrontation with one of the accused earlier following which the latter gathered supporters and attacked him with sticks, they said.
Others who came forward to save him were also attacked, including the head of the place of worship, they said.
A case has been registered against ten persons who are absconding, police said, adding that a search is to nab them is on.
Security has been beefed up in the village and reinforcement deployed to ease the tension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state